You can sell software or its source according to principles of free software.

But it should be at a reasonable cost. But when you are selling the
software, you should also give the person, whom the software is sold,
the freedom to copy, use, modify including selling.

But in open source licences, like bsd licence, it is not necessary.
The person you are selling should give only the attribution to you by
including your name in about us or any other.

I am not much aware of opensource   licences. Please correct me if i am wrong.

On 2/17/10, JeevZ <jeevan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:18 PM, nishandh M <pro.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hai...
>>
>> Most of us have very different ideas about how Linux should evolve in our
>> society
>>
>> *Entirely forum-driven manner* Vs *Professionally supplemented manner* or
>> any other mode?
>>
>> here we would discuss about monopolisation / buisiness ethics / etc, in a
>> region based context. shall we limit the scope to Kerala state?
>>
>> I am not aware of similiar threads, please mention if there are.
>>

>>  --
>> "Freedom is the only law".
>> "Freedom Unplugged"
>> http://www.ilug-tvm.org

>> For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
>>

> May be this is Offtopic  to this thread..But  I have a doubt??
>
> According to GPL and OpenSource  mantra,
> is it ok to sell the source code  of a product??
>  I mean
> I developed a software and I am ready to make the source code open but only
> by payment..
> Is it inside the  OpenSource Idea??
> --
>   Life is NOT Free!!!
>
>  Jeevachaithanyan Sivanandan
>  CyberBeamS Technologies
>  http://www.cyberbeams.com
>  http://www.jeevanism.wordpress.com
>  ph: +919846352024

> For details visit the website: www.ilug-tvm.org or the google group page:

Sent from my mobile device

My Number :
+91 890 750 9611
+91 903 755 72 73
Environment friendly Request:
"Please consider your environmental responsibility and don't print
this e-mail unless you really need to"
Save Paper; Save Trees