On 02/26/2010 12:01 PM, Manilal K M wrote:

On 26 February 2010 11:41, Abhishek Lal <abhisheklalned...@gmail.com <mailto:abhisheklalned...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    pls see the attached img.
    How can i fix this problem, I am using Opera browser.
    Malayalam works fine on Firefox.

Please understand that Opera is not a Free Software(FLOSS) and uses it's own proprietary rendering engine which doesn't render Malayalam properly. You may have to file a bug report in their bug tracker(I'm not sure whether they have one).

Abhishek, Opera doesn't render Malayalam properly (as far as I can see, Hindi & Tamil are quite good, but not Malayalam). Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to make it work, except report a bug.
I use Firefox only when I have to read Malayalam.

@Manilal
Opera does have a bug reporting system: https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/
But there's no public list of reported bugs, "due to sensitive nature of the data" in their tracking system ( http://www.opera.com/support/bugs/ ).

I had reported a bug looong time back for Malayalam support. Opera's bug processing system will send you just one mail when you report a bug and after that, there's no way to know about the status of the report.

Syam

--
"Freedom is the only law". "Freedom Unplugged"