On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 22:29 +0530, sooraj kenoth wrote:
> We are planning to start a Malayalam user manual for a free software
> distribution. Please suggest a distribution for this. If we could make
> it as a generic type, we can use it for all kind of distribution. Also
> please suggest some applications which need important attention for
> translation.

Please check this manual
http://www.iosn.net/training/end-user-manual/print It is a bit old and
outdated, but still very useful. we can follow the format.

Choose gnome for the desktop, most of the distributions comes with it as
the default desktop. The one of the main difference between
distributions is on how to install software or using the package
manager. We can put both the Debian/Ubuntu way and Fedora way to install
software.

May be we can build support video tutorials like http://gimp.web4all.in
It is very easy to build these kind of videos using gtk-recordmydesktop
or istanbul

regards,

~vimal

--
Libarate your documents, Celebrate document freedom day 2010
Use OpenOffice : http://openoffice.org