Hi Folks,

The meeting was mainly intended to discuss about Ubuntu release Party & SMC
Localisation Camp(http://wiki.smc.org.in/Localisation_Camp/Space). At sharp
3 PM Sooraj Kenoth reached Kanakakunnu and he was patiently waiting for
others! Then me, Raru, Aashik, Santhosh, Aneesh joined him and we moved to
Nishagandhi to start the meeting.

We talked about conducting the event, funds, publicity, venue & date. The
meeting came up with following conclusions:

Venue- Press Club or any Govt. Schools(SMV School)

Date- Preferably May 2, Sunday

In case of Press Club, we have to book it for one hour or so and it is
costly. So, we have to raise funds by distributing Ubuntu t-shirts. Goodies
like Lucid CD, Stickers may be available from Canaonical India. If it's not,
we can replicate CD's using Toaster as per demand.

Also, about the Hardware Workshop, we have to meet the major Vendors in
Thiruvanathapuram and convince them to come to the event. In my case it's a
tedious job, because I will be busy with my exams at that time. If any one
is interested to take the plunge, he can dive in.

Aashik put forwarded an idea to form a dedicated group from FSUG for 'Fedora
Bug Reporting', as we are one of the strong community in south India. We can
discuss about this after the two current events, SMC Localisation Camp &
Ubuntu release Party.

The meeting ended up with some informal chit-chats.

"Stop WINEing, Go Native!!"
http://maheshmohan.co.in
-മഹേഷ് മോഹന്‍ എം.യു