On Mar 25, 5:29 am, sooraj kenoth <soorajken...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for valuable information.
>
> Could please suggest a software that can be used for simulation and
> analysis of mechanical systems? So that we can recommend it to
> civil/mechanical engineering students and professionals.

Sooraj,

Alas, simulation and analysis tools are even more niche than CAD.  The
availability of free open source software (which is all I am
predominantly concerned with) is an even more esoteric commodity.
Finding something that is production-quality is going to be very
specific to the type of simulation or the type of analysis (stress,
structural, thermal, shock, etc) being performed and type of geometry
you have to work with.

There is a pretty good list of finite element software listed at:

http://www.dmoz.org/Science/Technology/Software_for_Engineering/Finite_Element_Analysis/

One such FEA tool to check out is Impact:  http://impact.sourceforge.net/

Cheers!
Sean