We are planning to organise a hands on training for for IT dealers and
service technicians. The main objective of the program is to make them
capable of installing and troubleshooting Ubuntu systems. I visited
some computer shops in the last week, for this program. This is my
observation:

They are not willing to distribute pre-installed GNU/Linux systems because

They enough capability to support GNU/Linux systems.
They are not confident with GNU/Linux systems, that whether their
their customer will accept this. Also not confident that whether it
can meet their customer needs.
They are not at all aware about unauthorised copy of proprietary software.

Some reason windows pre-installed systems:
They could make an additional income by selling anti-software.
There will not be any driver issue in windows systems(is this fact?)
They are not willing to invest on learning.

With these things in mind we are planning to organise a one day hands
on training in Ubuntu for IT dealers. We are planning it to be  at
Zyxware technologies office on 25 April 2010

I hope we can do it at a rate of Rs.1000 per trainee. We are supposed
to provide a printed copy of Ubuntu manual and some useful notes,
which is not covered in Ubuntu manual.

For this training we are setting a lab such that each trainee will get
one system. I'll up-load the details later.

We will conduct this program only after getting 10 registrations. I'm
looking forward for you feed back.

Regards:
Sooraj Kenoth