Wow! Congrats all!!

I think the experts in this field should form a group like a mentoring
committee (in kerala) and encourage and guide those interested to get
involved in open source projects. I think this will encourage students to
apply for these type of scholarships if there is some one to support them.
May be a person can advice a group of interested students. Can this be
worked out?  I am sure there are more interested students backing away due
to lack of proper knowledge.

--
Best Regards,
Rahul