2010/5/16 bipin kumar <bipin...@gmail.com>:
> forgive me if i am wrong. isn't this discussion thread attempting to
> reinventing the wheel? the mailing list practices have been in place
> in last 2 last as far as i know and those rule hold still true in
> todays environment as well. further standardizing mailing list
> practices is not the primary objective of this group. hence is there
> any significance in continuing this thread? better we put our energy
> in doing other constructive things in the area of open source

Bipin,

As long as people respond, a thread will continue. I don't think
anyone needs to forcefully stop a thread as long as people are
responding and the thread is on topic (or clearly marked off topic).
People can skip threads looking at subjects (meaningful subjects are a
pre condition to that). I'm getting head ache reading some of the
mails in this thread, but may be because it is too late in the night.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)