On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Vyshakh <vyshak...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont have internet at home. I used to download packages from
> ubuntu's or debian's package site.
>
> All programs will have several DEPENDENCIES and RECOMENTs.
> Each of these dependencies have their own dependency further. And this
> goes on practically 'indefinite'.
>
> How can i download an application from above said web sites with all
> the necessery dependency? And i can install it in my offline system?

Hi vyshakh you can find details on this by searching for "offline
installation of packages in ubuntu"

Here is some info from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingSoftware :

Use the Synaptic package download script

Here's how: Synaptic/PackageDownloadScript

Short instructions:

Launch Synaptic on the offline computer
Mark the packages you wish to install

Select File->Generate package download script

Save the script to your USB key
Take the USB key to an online Linux computer and run the script there
from the USB key. It will download only the packages required by the
offline computer to the USB key.
Insert the USB key into the offline computer

Launch Synaptic and click on File->Add downloaded packages

Select the directory on your USB key containing the downloaded *.deb
files and press Open. The packages will be installed.

Note: If you don't have access to a PC with GNU/Linux or
emulating/virtualizing GNU/Linux (Cygwin, VMware, VirtualBox, Qemu,
etc), just open the script with a text editor and enter all the URLs
you see in your browser to download the corresponding packages.

> For details visit the google group page:

Srihari K