@abhinaw alok, The answer to how freelists is different from googlegroups is
that-

 *So what's this all about?*

FreeLists provides the internet community with Free, no-hassle, high-quality
> mailing lists. We don't use advertisements and we don't charge for
> higher-than-a-certain-volume lists. That means you don't have to worry about
> too many people signing up, nor the amount of traffic on your
> list(s). FreeLists is about just getting the message across to your
> subscribers.

> *What's that Free thing all about? (Our philosophy)*

FreeLists is a completely Free service. We're not talking just about price
> here. See, there's a philosophy behind FreeLists: Knowledge and Information
> are free, and should stay that way. Our service is about maintaining that
> objective.

 FreeLists runs a completely free service on completely Free software. The

*Courtesy: *http://www.freelists.org/about.html

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:55 PM, JeevZ <jeevan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why harbour, such bad tastes? ISP is a service like banking or
> schooling. If you are so well in offering a free, open Internet
> service, you are welcome to do that.
> >>

> if we have to stop using proprietary services like google, we have to
> stop other proprietary services too..
>
> point is , is it possible?
>
> On 9/10/10, Sebin Jacob <sebinaja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10 September 2010 12:22, JeevZ <jeevan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> ok then, its time to leave all proprietary things.. but one question..
> >> what about using ISP services.. are they proprietary or  not?? or
> >> should we start to build an open-free ISP service??
> >>

> > Why harbour, such bad tastes? ISP is a service like banking or schooling.
> If
> > you are so well in offering a free, open Internet service, you are
> welcome
> > to do that.
> >
> > --
> > "Freedom is the only law".
> > "Freedom Unplugged"
> > http://www.ilug-tvm.org

> > ilug-tvm-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> >

> > For details visit the google group page:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
> >

> --
> *ησямαℓιту ιѕ тнє υηινєяѕαℓ α¢¢єρтє∂ кιηк*
>
>  Jeevachaithanyan Sivanandan
>  CyberBeamS Technologies
>  http://www.cyberbeams.com
>  http://www.jeevanism.wordpress.com
>  ph: +919995319639

> For details visit the google group page:

With Regards,
* **
*
  (*Opensource Enthusiast*)