On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Saji Nediyanchath <saj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi dude,
> I'm not sure if the solution in the following post may work. But its worth
> a try I guess. :)
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-860399.html

Thanks saji for the quick reply , however installing xserver-xorg-fglrx did
not fix the issue ..
I searched for the options (noapic lapic) i had enabled in the installation
CD and found the following thread ,
 this thread has a solution , adding "noapic nolapic" to the boot options .
 It works ,
 but now i have only one CPU core shown in my system monitor and
/proc/cpuinfo ..(it is also mentioned in that thread) .
and gnome doesn't start faast..

Is there some other fix ? No one else faced this problem ? Or is no one
running 10.04 ? :O

--
Srihari K