@V. Sasi
"Rendering can be handled. I am exploring the possibility of getting
it
done. I am reasonably certain that we can get it done without much
trouble."

Wrong. It cannot be taken lightly. Sintel was rendered on 16 intel
i7-930 nodes with 6 GB each (and more in the end) while Elephants
dream was rendered on nearly 600 servers. I had tried to render one of
my Blender animations on my system (4gb RAM, Phenom x2 at 3.1ghz on
64bit Linux Mint) and it took around ~43 minutes per frame (a total of
424 frames). It was with Ambient occlusion at Additive phase, 2x
Motion Blur, a handful of composite nodes, Ray traced shadows and 4x
subdivision at a mere 960x480 to MOV (meaning, its pretty much low
quality, at maximum optimization). I never completed rendering it. Its
no joke, believe me. Forget about the final rendering, even test
renders will be a time consuming and tedious job if not given the
proper resources. Just imagine rendering at 4k.

Proper inital storyboarding- The Art Director should be able to fully
convey the idea of the shot and the elements, pose his views well with
the directors timing. It is, the base of the movie. The storyboard
should be good enough to dissuade experimentation during actual
production, which can harm the duration of the movie as well as time
taken.

Modelling- Comparatively easier of the lot, Modelling is fun to do
(albeit time consuming) and I bet more people are interested to do
this than the other areas. Organic modelling is really hard (which
this project will definitely need), and if we are to do sculpting,
that would mean more horsepower.

Texturing, Composition and Lighting- The skin of the movie, needs
people good with digital painting and image editing skills,
photography, materialistic sense, composition, etc.I still find it
hard to get my head around mapping.

Blender Node system is one crazy thing, but once you get the hang of
it, its awesome to none. One of the most brilliant aspects of Blender.

Rigging- Personally, I dislike rigging, but its a necessary evil. Its
the most important step before animation. Characters should be pose-
able (bending, twisting etc) in a believable manner (different from
realistic) Its a hard job, but a good rig will make the animators life
much more easier, and allow him/her to focus on the animation than the
controls. [See this for reference, these are some of the best rigs
I've come across, so easy to animate
http://www.blendernation.com/2010/09/13/free-rigs-for-blender-2-5/]

Raw Animation talent- Its not just Blender here- you need people who
can animate; and do it convincingly. Good understanding of timing and
spacing, staging and acting is needed. One or 2 people are not enough
if the movie features a handful of characters. Animation is a hard
job, it requires passion, preservation and dexterity.

Post FX- Editing, special effects, etc etc. You get the flow.

@Adhin

"plus, creating animals will be more easy than humans & illusions,
right? "

Wrong again. Animals don't move like human beings. Modelling may be
easier, so will be texturing, but rigging them in a believable manner
will be a task. And so will animating them be. A good knowledge of the
animal in question is needed; how it moves, interacts and lives on
etc. Then again, its all possible too.

But unless you want to create generic, super simple characters,
stylized to an extent in a minimalistic environment with in-the-face
animation, it won't be easy.

Even though I have experience with sound and music, I'm not going
start on it, as I focus more on the visual side than audio. There will
be people with more experience on it than me here.

What about the backbone side? I mean, I'm sure this project is
intended to be done online than offline right? You don't get all
resources at one place do you? So communication, sharing files,
appending will be a problem. Data storage, I mean, and accessing it
from different places. Or what is your idea? Like Blender Institude??
O_O

I'll be happy to participate, if indeed this idea sees the light of
the day.

Cheers,
Milad