Since you are a novice at this, I would strongly suggest to use a
basic tool such as Kate or any other basic text editor with syntax
highlighting. With this, you will be able to learn the fundamentals
much better than if you use some automated tools.

Also, my suggestion if you are learning a language for the first time,
is to learn Python and Django. It is much more closer to the actual
mechanisms behind HTTP and you will again gain a better understanding
of fundamentals. That is not to say that PHP wont give you this, but
it has its problems.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian