It is good that you are planning some presentation on the origin and
evolution of Free Software. Philosophy and history of Free Software are
important. But I hope you are also planning some technical talks or
workshops related to GNU/Linux or GNU Hurd or Free BSD. Being an
engineering college, I would think that such things are also important.
A workshop on something like Python, gcc or cvs would be good.
Especially in Kerala, I think the time has come to talk more about the
technology because there is much more awareness about Free Software than
in any other part of the country, though we may be lagging in our
contribution to Free Software. So let us start talking about the
technology also along with the philosophy, and start thinking about
contributing to Free Software.

Personally, I am not a technologist, but I could do a short workshop on
LaTeX if people are interested (which I doubt). Perhaps, someone could
do an introductory Python workshop. I am sure you will be able to find
someone on this list itself who could do a good workshop on one of the
technologies used in the Free world.

Best
Sasi

--