On 03/04/2011 08:40 PM, Aravind JV wrote:
Hi syam,

using Gpartd i successfully resize the /var parttion and rebooted as instructed,but the boot process never writes anything to the console. I don't see a cursor or a prompt. I can't do anything except ctrl-al-del to reboot, so I appear to be completely stuck.pls help
Oh boy! Do you at least see grub when you boot?
If you can, use Puppy Linux or any live CD to boot and check the harddisk partition configuration. Do: fdisk -l and post the output here. Also, please attach your original /etc/fstab file.

Syam

--
"Freedom is the only law". "Freedom Unplugged"