using eclipse would be best for all sorts of java programming on Ubuntu or
any other linux distro.. to do the servlet programming you can either get
eclipse j2ee version or you can have any version of eclipse and install j2ee
plugins in it... after having this set, all you need is to install apache
tomcat and start building your servlets..

cheers...
Abhishek

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 11:27 PM, smr <smidhun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am using ubuntu 10.10 .is it better to use eclipse or netbeans to do
> servlet programming in ubuntu ..
> after  having installed eclipse or netbeans what is the further
> procedure to have servlet working in my system.. Thenx in advance

> For details visit the google group page:

There is a method to my madness.. :)

me@twitter: www.twitter.com/neoscreenager
my blog: neoscreenager.wordpress.com
              mastrahonayaar.blogspot.com