I use Debian Wheezy. I always wanted to try Arch, and one day(last
week) I decided to. Just like Debian (testing), Arch also dropped me
on to the shell after installation, and then i installed everything I
require using "pacman". I installed GNOME3 and the required packages.
Later I learned about PKGBUILD and so installed "yaourt", and now
everything is a breeze with "yaourt". AUR (Arch User Repository) is
really amazing.

As Aashik has written in his blog, [http://aashiks.in/blog/?p=23]
"Imagine Debian and Slackware coming together. Slackware’s simplicity
in configuration and the vanilla approach and Debian’s powerful
package management. Add in some Gentoo like source package management
and an excellent community that provides these packages. There, you
have it. That is Arch linux."

Ofcourse configuring Arch is very simple, just edit /etc/rc.conf
starting with static IP (networking), modules, daemons etc etc. The
Arch wiki is really helpful, it guided me through each and every stage
of installation and configuration.

The Arch Way - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/The_Arch_Way
--

Anoop Jacob Thomas