Though the ltsp setup is working fine, it feels ubuntu is too much heavy in
this regard.  It takes too much time for completing booting process.

Earlier I tried arch on the celeron machine with 512 mb RAM and was
comfortable with it.  But I am not able to set up ltsp in arch linux,  i
turned to ubuntu

Server - AMD Athlon X2 250 - 2GB RAM
client Intel Celeron with 512 Mb

I my view it would be better to set up individually instead of doing it
through integrated packages or heavy distros like schole linux (I tried that
also but lot of problems - in low profile machines)