On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Vishnupradeep
<intermedia.vis...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The network device disappears in my Fedora 16 installation.

Is it the 'p12p1' device that seems to be missing? You could have told us
instead of expecting us to compare your screenshots for differences!

> Attached two screenshot showing output of 'ifconfig' before and after
> network device missing*.

Again, when exactly does this happen? What were you doing when the device
disappeared?

> Tried to restart network service. I don't know if that solve problem. but
> tried and failed. 3rd image shows its output.
> Is there any way to restart the service needed for proper working
> of OS without restarting system.

While 'service network restart' should still work, here's the new (systemd)
way to do it:
systemctl restart network.service

You might also be interested in other actions apart from 'restart':
systemctl <enable/start/stop/restart/status> network.service

--
Regards,

Syam
sya...@gmail.com