---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mishi Choudhary <mi...@softwarefreedom.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Subject: [fosscomm] Internet Freedom
To: netw...@lists.fosscom.in

Dear All,

SFLC.IN has been working for the past year and a  half on
internet freedom and online civil liberties issues.In this sphere,
we are fighting for the Censorship rules proposed by the GoI, these
rules are vague and are having a chilling effect on online Freedom of speech
and expression.

Mr P. Rajeeve's had accepted SFLC.IN's requests and moved the motion for
annulment of Information
Technology (Intermediary Guidelines) Rules 2011, which will be coming up
for discussion after April 24, 2012. After consultation with him, we
have started a petition to appeal to all members of the Upper House of
the Parliament to support the annulment motion. Please sign the petition
and we will take it to as many members as we can.

http://www.change.org/petitions/members-of-the-parliament-support-the-annulment-motion-to-protect-netfreedom

It is a work in progress but I think we can start spreading the word
around and the work in the back end can go on simultaneously.

It will be helpful if you can put this on facebook, twitter or anyone
social networks that you might be a part of.  In order to invite more
people, you can find the email invite tool on the petition itself that
will do the job.

--
Warm Regards
Mishi Choudhary, Esq.

Executive Director
SFLC.IN
K-9, Second Floor
Jangpura Extn.
New Delhi-110014
(tel) +91-11-43587126
(fax) +91-11-24323530
www.softwarefreedom.in

"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and 'nonnumerical'
algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from other kinds of
precise information." - Donald Knuth