Hi
If some of the business needs of the colleges or College Management can be
fulfilled by the use of Open Source, they will use it
What I suggest there are some applications which they need at Enterprise level,
why don't we motivate students  and staff to provide this solutions and
maintain it

Some of the enterprise solutions they need will be.

Document Management
Portal Solution

IP-PBX
FAX integrated with document management for paper less office

Advantage of such an initiative will be

# Increasing a user base
# creating more support professionals
# effective way of marketing  [Here I mean Open Source Concept]
# attract contributors for coding

Will be great if we can do it

Thanks
Joseph John