On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Jaisen Nedumpala <jaisuv...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I use Debian squeeze with gnome in my laptop, and ASUS DSL-N10 Wireless
> modem.
> Whenever I login, it comes a dialogue box as follows:
>  Authentication required by wireless network
>  Password or encryption keys are required to access the wireless network
> 'ASUS'
>  Wireless security: WPA&WPA2 Personal
>  Password:
> And it shows two buttons 'Cancel' and 'Connect', where 'Connect' is always
> deactivated.

Hope your issue may have solved by now, if not,
Connect is deactivated because you haven't entered the password

>  This is my problem: I don't remember the password. And I don't know if
> there any password really exist.

There should be a passkey

> I have renamed ~/.keyrings to ~/.xkeyrings.
> But it regenerates the ~/.keyrings directory and files in it.
>
> I have created another user in my laptop and tried to connect through it.
> Still the same dialogue box appears.
>
> The result: I can't connect to the modem wireless. Instead I rely on
> wired. (But I can connect another windows laptop to the modem wireless.)

In the windows laptop Click the 'Show Characters' in the 'Properties' of
the wireless controller settings. This can reveal the passcode you will
need to connect to.

>  Can anybody suggest any way to resolve this?

If nothing works reset the wireless router and set new passwords. :)

> Thanks in advance..
>
> --
> ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
> - നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -
> ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
>     (`'·.¸(`'·.¸^¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
> «´¨`·* .  Jaisen . *..´¨`»
>     (¸.·'´(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)`'·.¸)
>     ¸.·´^.`'·.¸ ¸.·'´
>      ( `·.¸`·.¸
>       `·.¸ )`·.¸
>      ¸.·(´ `·.¸
>     ¸.·(.·´)`·.¸
>       ( `v´ )
>         `v´

> For details visit the google group page:
>
> ---
> "Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram" group.
> email to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Cheers,

Prasad.S.R*
* *"Follow none...But learn from everyone.."***

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free