On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Tanzeem M.B <tanzeem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dreamweaver CS5 has now got PHP syntax checking along with its
> most userfriendly and famous feature- The Design View.

I have never really used DW, so can you list a few DW features which you
cannot live without?

> There is no Opensource alternative anywhere near DW.
[citation required] ;)

> Quantaplus is good to some extend and i am using that for development.
I just checked a few screenshots, and I generally hate IDEs with a million
buttons and menus. And last stable release - 3.5.9 / February 20, 2008; 5
years ago

> But this still lacks syntax highlighting.And the features that i went
trough
> are much less compared to DW.

All you want is syntax highlighting? Gedit can do that pretty well afaik.
Even comes with a few extra features such as snippets etc.

> Eclipse and NetBeans have PHP plugins with syntax checking but no design
> view.

Is it a wysiwyg thing for UI? If so, imho its a pretty horrendous way to
design UI now.

I stick to emacs and comes with the best syntax highlighting possible for
almost all languages I know of. It can extend the
conventional syntax colouring and for eg, add bg colors to all color codes
in the code(rainbow-mode). Please see the attached image. I'd suggest
picking vim/emacs/sublime and not eclipse or even proprietary DW unless you
are coding java(which is not coding but auto finishing everything).

My 2 cents.

[image: Inline image 1]

Jaseem Abid
github.com/jaseemabid

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free
Software Users Group,  Thiruvananthapuram" group.
to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.