On Thu, 2013-07-04 at 07:11 -0700, Syam Sundar wrote:

> I am using ubuntu 10.4
> I wanted to install ubuntu 12.04. I downloaded the iso file. copied to
> a pendrive 4gb.
> configured the bios to boot from usb drive.
> now the problem is
> pendrive will not mount it says only root can mount it- how I mount a
> drive as root?
> when tried to boot from the pendrive - it says bootmanager not found!
> I downloaded again and still not successful.
> please help.
> I am amateur user of linux and have only basic knowledge of computers.
> thanks

Dear Dr. Syam Sundar,

You need to install a package called unetbootin in your system first.
Open the application, choose the distro and the version, point it to the
iso you have downloaded and to your thumb drive and click install. It
will then make your thumb drive bootable and install ubuntu in it. It
can also downlad the iso if you eant it to. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sasi
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free
Software Users Group,  Thiruvananthapuram" group.
to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.