Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for detailed reply. Am trying to install the LDAP in CENTOS 5.4,
not in Debian. But i did same configurations in my test bed, what you
shared, still am getting same error code.

*Enter LDAP Password:*
*ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)*

Please find the debug logs given below:

But here am getting this error: *db_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No
matching key/data pair found (-30989)*

@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.3.43 (Jul 12 2012 04:02:16) $
        mockbu...@builder10.centos.org:
/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.3.43/openldap-2.3.43/build-servers/servers/slapd
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
daemon: listener initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
slapd init: initiated server.
slap_sasl_init: initialized!
bdb_back_initialize: initialize BDB backend
bdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20: (January 10,
2006)
hdb_back_initialize: initialize HDB backend
hdb_back_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.4.20: (January 10,
2006)
bdb_db_init: Initializing BDB database
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <dc=examexample,dc=com>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <dc=examexample,dc=com>, <dc=examexample,dc=com>
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <cn=Manager,dc=examexample,dc=com>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <cn=Manager,dc=examexample,dc=com>,
<cn=manager,dc=examexample,dc=com>
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 95: warning: no by clause(s) specified in
access line (ignored).
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 100: warning: no by clause(s) specified in
access line (ignored).
>>> dnNormalize: <cn=Subschema>
<<< dnNormalize: <cn=subschema>
matching_rule_use_init

ldap_pvt_gethostbyname_a: host=MYCLUSTER-01.examexample.com, r=0
slapd startup: initiated.
backend_startup_one: starting "cn=config"
config_back_db_open
backend_startup_one: starting "dc=examexample,dc=com"
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(/var/lib/ldap/examexample.com)
slapd starting

slap_listener_activate(8):
>>> slap_listener(ldap:///)
connection_get(13): got connid=0
connection_read(13): checking for input on id=0
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 52 contents:
ber_get_next
do_bind
ber_scanf fmt ({imt) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (m}) ber:
>>> dnPrettyNormal: <cn=Manger,dc=examexample,dc=com>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <cn=Manger,dc=examexample,dc=com>,
<cn=manger,dc=examexample,dc=com>
do_bind: version=3 dn="cn=Manger,dc=examexample,dc=com" method=128
bdb_dn2entry("cn=manger,dc=examexample,dc=com")
=> bdb_dn2id("dc=examexample,dc=com")
<= bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found
(-30989)
send_ldap_result: conn=0 op=0 p=3
send_ldap_response: msgid=1 tag=97 err=49
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 13
connection_get(13): got connid=0
connection_read(13): checking for input on id=0
ber_get_next
ber_get_next on fd 13 failed errno=0 (Success)
connection_closing: readying conn=0 sd=13 for close
connection_close: conn=0 sd=13

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Rakesh Vijayan <99955553...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>
> Change dn, don't change anything else unless you sure what you are doing
>
> olcAccess: {0}to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange by self write by anonymou
> s auth by dn="cn=admin,dc=nodomain" write by * none
>
> with
>
> olcAccess: {0}to attrs=userPassword,shadowLastChange by self write by anonymou
> s auth by dn="cn=admin,dc=testlab,dc=dev" write by * none
>
> Change
>
> olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=nodomain
>
> with
>
> olcRootDN: cn=admin,dc=testlab,dc=dev
>
> Remove existing ldap database
>
> rm /var/lib/ldap/*
>
> Restart ldap
>
> service slapd restart
>
> Add the following to the top your base.ldif file otherwise you will get no
> such object (32) error.
>
> dn: dc=testlab,dc=dev
> dc: TESTLAB
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: domain
>
> Now run the add command again and hopefully you will by happy
>
> ldapadd -x -D cn=admin,dc=testlab,dc=dev -w test -f base.ldif
>

> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Manoj K <manojknai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Please help me to solve this issue, am getting below error, while
>> configuring LDAP on my test server.
>>
>> # ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manger,dc=examexample,dc=com" -W -f
>> examexample.com.ldif
>> Enter LDAP Password:
>> ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)
>>

>> --
>>
>> *Thanks&Regards*
>> **********************
>> *Manoj k
>> Bangalore.*
>> *
>> *****************************************************************************************
>> *
>> "I will not say that i have failed a thousand times.I will say i have
>> found a thousand ways that will cause failure"
>>
>> --
>> --
>> "Freedom is the only law".
>> "Freedom Unplugged"
>> http://www.ilug-tvm.org

>> ilug-tvm-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>

>> For details visit the google group page:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en
>>
>> ---
>> "Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram" group.
>> email to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>

>  --

> For details visit the google group page:
>
> ---
> "Free Software Users Group, Thiruvananthapuram" group.
> email to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

*Thanks&Regards*
*Manoj k
Bangalore.*
*
*
"I will not say that i have failed a thousand times.I will say i have found
a thousand ways that will cause failure"

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free