On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM, ganesh h <ganeshredco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> Thanks for the reply.In your mail it clearly says "ICFOSS, IEEE, CSI
> and SMC bring you two days of Open mobile platforms" so its a
> collective responsibility, you can't run away from that. If SMC is not
> part of the program you should be saying that we are planning to put a
> stall on the program venue to demonstrate our tools.

I clearly said that SMC is part of the program and even shared specific
responsibilities we have undertaken within the program.
I dont know why you are confused about that

> The real issue is about the perspective. Here I don't see Libre or
> Swathanthra perspective which SMC always endorse's in this situation
> they must not be using SMC's name for promoting the event.

Be specific ganesh . Check the schedule and event description and say what
is the problem with perspective .
This is the first  effort in the country to bring various free software
mobile platforms together in single platform .
And I clearly spelled out SMC's objectives in this in my last mail .

Its silly to say its a web designers work, someone from ICFOSS or
> those whom you say is responsible may have given the designer the
> content and images, it's sure that the designer won't do a research on
> the subject. And I don't think it will take more than five minutes to
> edit the HTML if you have raised concern about it.

AFAIK, ICFOSS is contracted some  FOSS based companies to manage their
websites. And I am sure this will be fixed by them on next working day . I
already pointed this even before your mail when I have seen the page .
(today is sunday ) . As you can see none of the event description texts
mentions any of them .  Pushing conspiracy theories does not help anyone

> Please check the page, the logos and the description with them is
> explaining the term
> "Open Mobile Platform" and by the term Open itself it's eliminating
> Freedom. If you raised concern about this then why you shared this,
> you should  have shared this only after clearing the concerns.

This is a different debate altogether and I am happy to see such debates .
We are talking about a Industry segment , which is extremely proprietorised
from firmware to APIs. None of the popular platforms except replicant is
not free as in freedom platform .
I am doubtful can we call firefox and linux foundation backed tizen as free
platforms because theyare not 100% free yet .  AOSP and cygnogenmod are
having many non-free components .  Apart from that As far as indic
languages are concerned  Google is in a total non-free approach in android.
Apart from that mobile segment is controlled by device vendors which are
also proprietary in nature.  Changing this segment to free software is work
that need constant negotiations and push from various sides . Bringing all
these players at same platform and push our agenda is the first step in
that . We are working on common elements like indian language keyboard ,
Frequently used entries in Localising mobiles (FUEL Mobile) in indian
languages  etc as the first step towards that .  All of them are 100% free
software projects .

> I hope other members of SMC also think the same, it will be good to do
> a homework study in our future programs on before becoming part of any
> program
>
> As I explained there is nothing wrong in partnering , and there was no
errors from our side  or in program . You can confirm the same by checking
the schedule . The glitches and confusion created by ICFOSS web designers
will be fixed soon from their side. Anyway happy to see the community
concern about SMC and Software freedom  .

~ regards
Anivar

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free
Software Users Group,  Thiruvananthapuram" group.
to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.