On 5 June 2015 at 09:24, Pirate Praveen <prav...@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

> Those are the features supported by your processor. It just means vmx or
> hardware virtualization is a supported feature. Other values are not
> relevant for us. grep is command to search for a particular word in a text
> file. If processor does not support hardware virtualization then you will
> get an empty output. So now you need to enable it in BIOS and install
> virt-manager

Another doubt, Praveen. Since I will be installing virt-manager from
apt-get, it will go into my root partition obviously. But what about
guest operating systems? Do I have to make space for them also in my
root partition? Or can I install them in any other partition? If the
former, I may have to reinstall my whole system. I would then prefer to
install the second OS separately, as dual boot.

Best,
Sasi

--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India

> [...]

> cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx rdtscp lm
> constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf
> eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
> pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave avx lahf_lm
> arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
> flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx rdtscp lm
> constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf
> eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
> pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer xsave avx lahf_lm
> arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
>
> Are you able to understand what it means?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free
Software Users Group,  Thiruvananthapuram" group.
to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.