Dear Friends,

*Happy Independence Day for all*Hope you have already noticed that Central
Government is seeking discount from Microsoft for pirated Windows Operating
System used by our people. Also GOI have introduced a free anti-malware
tool developed by quickheal for Windows systems. Following links contains
detailed news on this.

The Hindu news on India presses Microsoft for Windows discount:
http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/technology/india-presses-microsoft-for-windows-discount/article19194595.ece

Government has developed botnet removal tool along with quickheal :
http://www.cyberswachhtakendra.gov.in/

Its time for us to respond against this. We have an Open Source Policy and
this is a clear violation of it. So we are going to send a letter to *Ministry
of Communications and Information Technology*, India addressing the issue

*"Protect nation from cyber security threats by using Free Software" .*The
letter is hosted in Avaaz.org and I request everyone to vote for it there.
The link to the community petition is given *below*:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Ministry_of_Communications_and_Information_Technology_India_Protect_nation_from_cyber_security_threats_by_using_Free_Sof/?aJIAkmb

Please share this. We need maximum support, maximum votes and maximum
publicity. If you people could contact media, try to make this a news too.

Thanks You.

With Regards,

Athul R T

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free
Software Users Group,  Thiruvananthapuram" group.
to ilug-tvm+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.