On Mon, 26 May 2008, Deepak Pandian wrote:

> Sorry I am forced to ask you back how to do this.How to refresh the
> timer from our application. I am using busybox 1.6.1

Using watchdog daemon. See src/busybox-xyz/miscutils/watchdog.c

> One more doubt.. whether the device shown in /dev/watchdog is a
> softdog or hardware watchdog.

Normally it is a software. But you can link it with hardware by

The watchdog daemon which comes with busybox is a very simple one. It
just kick the dog for every T secs. I hope, even the new version, only
the -t option is supported. (I use busybox-1.01).

If you want this watchdog to monitor your apps, then apps needs to
create apps.pid file at starting stage and this watchdog needs to be
modified to check the pid file(s) regularly at T sec. If any of the
apps/pid not responding then watchdog must reboot the board.

You can check up the normal watchdog src to get more idea about this
implementation.

Read src/linux-2.6/Documentation/watchdog/

Bye :)
--
Bharathi S