Hi,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Bharathi Subramanian <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mii-tool will return correct link status, even if the eth0 is down.
> But AFAIK it is not the case with ethtool.

This depends on how much support for the MII interface is present in the NIC
driver in use. I have come across drivers that do not implement MII
completely and this mii-tool is unable to show you the correct link status,
regardless of the interface status.

Thus mii-tool's output does not always reflect reality as far as the link
status is concerned.

Regards,
--
Shuveb Hussain