senthilraja P wrote:
Yes.. its indeed true..  Not even a bit of enthusiasm..

I just tried explaining to my two cousin sisters, all working as lecturers..
All of no use :(

Open source needs strategic mindset..  women generally lack that strategic
sense..  this is my humble opinion..
Bleh[1]: Please do not top post and please chop off old signatures when you are quoting past mails.

Bleh[2]: Open source needs open minds and whoever has it will be successful. There are lots of successful women in FOSS world, especially in area which need creative, patient minds. As far as I am exposed to Ubuntu project, there are lots of women participating in higher levels of managing the project. I also know few womens who are more like brand names in Usability and HCI area, especially in KDE circles. We also have women from India contributing to the Linux kernel project itself. We have lots of Indian women involved in Localization projects. Just because you didn't know any of them till now, please stop from making such statements. Open Source do not consider only writing code as contribution, and we have a hell lot of non-code-writing women contributions.

May be the problem was with the "lecturing" part, which is common with all kids. You have to show them how interesting the contributing to FOSS can get and how they can make a mark without getting into writing code. If you try to teach PHP and MYSQL everytime and to every kid out there, that might not be interesting enough for them.

Just my 2 paisas :)

--
---
With Regards,