>Hi All,
>I need to set an environment variable. Following is what I did.
>TMPDIRECTORY=/usr/local/tmp_directory

I am not sure putting it in /etc/bashrc is a good idea. It might give rise to
security issues as well as if some other admin changes it, everything will get
affected.

I would recommend you put it in each script before your commands
export var=<value>
and then chmod a+x that file.

Of course this will not work if there are too many places you are using this.
In that case, your solution might be better.

I finally managed to prepare a HOWTO for hosting on AWS -
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcn2ckbh_21gznbbjhr
Look at how I am taking backups in this tutorial - (Sec - 7.4)

kc

 K. C. Ramakrishna
www.rknowsys.com