Hi,

I have a memory card for which I have forgotten the password. I used the
format card option available in the phone and was still not able to access
it. Now I am trying to access it via my system, however when I insert the
card, dmesg shows the below error:

mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

Now I thought I could access it by using mknod and specifying the major and
minor number and then mounting it or else formatting the device using fdisk.
Or even dd'ing zero's to the initial bytes of the device.

Do you think this is a sane idea.
If yes, I want to know how to find out the major and minor number for the
device.
If no, what should i do.

I found device related information coming up in the below path, It contains
many files and folders like drivers and devices. When I try to grep for
major or minor, I get nothing but errors; lot of errors about loops and
symlinks.

/sys/class/mmc_host/mmc0

Regards,
Ashish