Hi,

I totally agree with you guys on the FOSS testing issue.
In FOSS, end users are the testers.
But we're talking about something critical here....a bank software....
even if the end users/employees test it, a small bug in it would mean a big
loss.
Company using the software, AXIS here, should employ testers and fix any
holes.

Regards,

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Parthan SR <parth.technofr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Saripalli Siva Prakash venkata phani wrote:
>
>> Hi,Feedback is for improvement.
>> Ideally, users shouldn't come across any bugs.
>> Pushing the testing to users is bad
>>
> Well. no amount of testing can stop you from encountering "on the field"
> bugs and issues. It is not a good idea not to consider your users to be one
> among the testers who can perform the value task of doing real time testing.
> And not having a system for users to give feedbacks is a big loss for you.
> The ideal situation of presenting a product without a single bug to your
> users will never happen.
>
> Secondly, we are not asking an untested product to be released for your
> users. But, after you have checked out your logics and work flows and
> ensured no fault exists in them, only your users will be able to test your
> product in real time situations. And not having them to be able to offer
> feedbacks is a big hole in the process.
>
> Thirdly, banks can use their own staff members as a tester resource,
> enabling them to use their own online services and thereby finding bugs,
> issues and improvements in them. Thus, you do not allow a buggy product to
> hit your users, but still have almost real life like users to test your
> product and find how satisfying it is for your users.
>

> --
> ---
> With Regards,
>
> Parthan "technofreak"