On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Shahrukh Khan <shahrukh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir i have started the project and trying to learn PHP now.

It's good that you have an interest to do a FOSS project in your
final year. Here's one way you can go about it.

First, read Shakti Kannan's excellent presentation on how to go about
doing a final year free software project:
http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/i-want-2-do-project-tell-me-wat-2-do.pdf

The pdf only contains the slides, but no notes.  If possible you should
attend a talk where Shakti is actually presenting the subject.

Second, read Eric Raymond's article How to Ask Smart Questions:
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

This will help you ask good questions in technical and FOSS forums.

Third, attend a LUG meet -- there's on this Saturday at IITM -- where you
can physically meet people, introduce yourself, learn many new things, and
find people who may help you with your project.

> please guide me at every stage to complete this project.

A mentor can only point you in the right direction and cannot guide you
in every single step.  But look at the bright side, experience is the best
master, and you'll be learning from every mistake you make.

I guess your learning has already begun ;-)

Good luck!

- Raja