On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Sai krishna <saikris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Ashok Gautham
> <thescriptde...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> to go ahead with a Fedora 10. in 2 systems and possibly OpenSolaris 08-11 on
>> 1.
>> (I also gave Lenny, Scientific Linux and CentOS a thought since they are
>> rock solid. But
>> I doubt if we need such a Rock Solid distro where kids might want the latest
>> toys.

        Then, you may also try Ubuntu. With apt repositories, any deb
can be installed.

>> - Development
>> 2) Emacs,Gvim,Scite,Tea
>> 3) gcc, g++, openjdk, python, perl, ruby, php and ghc
>> 4) Django, Rails, Apache, Tomcat
>> 5) GNU Octave
>> 6) iverilog
>
> 7) anjuta
> Might be good.

8) Glade (with gtk/pygtk)
 Quite good for GUI programming.

Moreover, I run GNOME on a configuration lower than the one you have
mentioned(P4, 256 MB RAM). So, GNOME should run fine.

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar

Arise Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.

Mail: benignb...@gmail.com
Blog: http://benignbala.wordpress.com/