Prakash A S wrote:
Yes. I also agree that, in fossconf it wont accept from the speaker. But we
accepted them to uploaded their .ppt slides. This issue claims that the
mistake is also from our side. Allowed them and finally blamed only them is
meaning less.
First, I was no way involved with the conference, so I can't speak for somebody who was responsible. But, remember someone has come forward, accepted the responsibility and even apologized for it.

Second, nobody is blaming anyone here. He just took the liberty to mention the mistakes, which was actually done on the organizers end, just to let people know what needs to be kept in mind the next time.
I have no more words here for why she uploaded .ppt files here. Instead, I
interested to know about WHY THIS OPEN SOURCE WORLD ALLOWED TO EXECUTE ALL
OUR OPEN TOOLS IN WINDOWS PLATFORM INSTEAD OF ONLY IN LINUX & GIVING OPTION
TO WORK ALSO IN WINDOWS?.
So that, we can pass the info like dont use WAMP; Use only LAMP,.etc.
I would kindly request you not to shout in the mailing list, even if you wanted to stress on something very much.

Secondly, there is a transition process for people who are for years used to working with proprietary OS and Softwares. The process is you first give them tools you use in day-to-day life and once they're comfortable with it, you change the OS on which they work. This helps them not being thrown into too much of wilderness.

Secondly, we respect the freedom of choice by people. They might be interested in using FOSS softwares but due to certain reasons might be pinned down to a proprietary OS for time being. Neglecting such users completely serves no purpose of letting them appreciate the benefits of FOSS. Thus, a lot of FOSS softwares also have support for Windows and Mac.

Thirdly, which is much similar to the first point, people might like to have an idea of how good FOSS softwares are before they move away from a Proprietary OS and Software completely. Under such cases, having FOSS softwares serves the purpose of giving them a taste of freedom without getting them into too much uncomfortable environment.

Again, I would like to remind that the problem was using both a proprietary format using a proprietary software as well as using proprietary operating system (and not just the latter one).

I would also like to reiterate, having been in NRCFOSS myself, that they need to have an internal awareness program for new people joining NRCFOSS as many of them tend to be not from a FOSS background and occasionally with no clue of FOSS. (Well, said in the best interests of NRCFOSS).

--
With Regards,
Parthan SR "technofreak"

GPG Key     2FF01026
Fingerprint 5707 ECBD 8D8D 8E6E 28F8  DFA5 938B D861 2FF0 1026
Weblog      http://blog.technofreak.in