sivaji j.g wrote:
Does it makes any sense in recruiting peoples who has no FOSS background for
FOSS development ?
Because they are interested to know and contribute? I at least know one person who came in without any idea about FOSS, went up to delivering a lot of talks on FOSS and now works as a Python programmer in the city where am currently.
NRCFOSS has been promoting FOSS for a long while among the colleges isn't
it ? why don't they recruit students who are well trained in FOSS ?
Because the "students" you mentioned are more interested in securing a job in one of the big IT MNCs or going abroad than working in NRCFOSS. I had never seen an application from the "student" you mentioned above till I was in NRCFOSS. Have you applied there? Are you ready to work there? Look at a mirror and answer the question yourselves before asking it to others.

--
With Regards,
Parthan SR "technofreak"

GPG Key     2FF01026
Fingerprint 5707 ECBD 8D8D 8E6E 28F8  DFA5 938B D861 2FF0 1026
Weblog      http://blog.technofreak.in