Hello,

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Raja Subramanian wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Kapil Hari Paranjape <ka...@imsc.res.in>
> wrote:
> > As you will note from my comment on the Debian Wiki page, I could not
> > get the internal mic to work. Please let me know if some more recent
> > version of alsa makes this work for you.
>
> This is a deal breaker for me as I'm a heavy Skype user.  The built-in
> webcam is also something I'm using effectively now.

Using Debian lenny on the Acer Aspire One
I just tested:

 # get module assistant to get, build and install the alsa modules
 m-a a-i alsa
 # unload the older alsa modules from kernel
 rmmod $(lsmod | grep snd | cut -f1 -d' ')
 # load the newly built modules --- note model=acer!
 modprobe snd-hda-intel model=acer
 # record 10 seconds of CD quality audio
 arecord -f cd -v -d 10 > /tmp/test.wav
 # play it
 aplay /tmp/test.wav

And it worked! So perhaps some recent changes to the alsa-source
package in lenny made it work or my tests earlier were buggy!

Regards,

Kapil.