Hello,

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, p.sriram wrote:
> Kapil Hari Paranjape <ka...@...> writes:
> > With most sites adopting SPF records[*], the faking of the first header
> > is generally avoided by most mail servers. However, I haven't checked
> > what these social networking sites do.
>
> we have got one more from faniq this morning, so i waded through the mail
> logs
> to see what was there. the envelope sender matches the domain (faniq), so the
> server has no issues with this mail and spf is of no help.

I think the thread got a bit confusing, the above remarks about SPF
was to clarify "spoofed senders".

I didn't want to suggest that SPF be used for mailman filtering. Sorry
for the confusion.

What I tried to suggest is that mailman *can* filter mail since these
sites are unlikely to spoof enveleope senders in a way that violates SPF.

Whether this can be done by using mailman's sender filters or by
using procmail before mailman needs to be checked.

Regards,

Kapil.