> You might want to try setting a high value for the --timeout option. I
> haven't tried this, though, so good luck.
>
> To 'continue' a previous session, use the --partial option.
> --
> Regards,
> Roshan George <ros...@arjie.com>

Hi Roshan,

I tried the --partial option, and wanted to share what happened so that if
someone else happens to use this option, he does not get confused based on
size of the synced file.

1) rsync -av usern...@server.com:/path/file* /local/dir/
    //This started of a process of rsync
    //A file by name file.iF80Tt was created in /local/dir/

2) VPN got disconnected and the transfer seized to continue, though the
process was still listed in the ps

3) rsync -av --partial usern...@server.com:/path/file* /local/dir/
    //This started off another download, because I did not mention the dest
file name.

*) rsync -av --partial usern...@server.com:/path/file*
/local/dir/file.iF80Tt
   //this did not work because I had used wild card to indicate multiple
files and given single dest file.

4) rsync -av --partial usern...@server.com:/path/file*
/local/dir/file.iF80Tt
    //This did not start another download, however the size of file.iF80Tt
did not increase either.

5) I killed the 1) process then the 4) process, now when I checked the size
of file.iF80Tt it had actually increased.

So I guess when you use the --partial option, the ls -lh command does not
display updated size. However if you kill the process and check the size, it
would have actually increased.

Regards,
Ashish