On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Raja Subramanian <rajasuper...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> A friend runs a website which was hacked recently -- someone
> injected javascript into all the html files and did some bad things.
>
> The issue has been fixed, but to ensure such modifications
> are identified quickly, I'm looking for an application which can
> monitor the website and email me whenever it's modified.
> It will be great if this application can ignore dynamic content
> like hit counters, etc.

Rather than waiting for some one to hack the site and then getting on act
which  makes no difference from what your friend has done now.  Its better
to find the security holes. use some tools like Paros and try to fix them .
like http://www.parosproxy.org/index.shtml

on googling on your requirement I got some thing .I dont know how far is it
going to be useful to you.
http://www.changedetect.com/
http://www.changedetection.com/

Bye,