On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM, steve <st...@lonetwin.net> wrote:

> On 08/19/2009 12:44 PM, Shrinivasan T wrote:
>
>> Friends.
>>
>> I have a to see a site, which is working only with IE.
>>
>> Is it possible to setup Firefox to act as IE,
>> so that I can see the site with firefox itself.
>>
>> I have kubuntu 9.04 and Firefox 3.5.2
>>
>>  I use the User Agent switcher extension:
>  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59
>
> That at least gets rid of the site complaining.
>
> However, in addition to working around the problem, I would also recommend
> that you mail the webmasters of every such site which insists on supporting
> only a broken browser telling them why doing so sucks.
>
> cheers,
> - steve
>

> --
> random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/
> tech randomness: http://lonehacks.blogspot.com/
> what i'm stumbling into: http://lonetwin.stumbleupon.com/

Hai

There are two steps to setup ie in kbuntu
1. You can install ie6 as following link
        http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
2. Or use any virtualization software to emulate xp or some windows and try
it

so if your purpose is just changing thing the CSS and Design related things
you can use
Firebug( The Famous add on for webdevelopment in firefox) in IE too by
followung steps

1. Download Firebug
lite<http://getfirebug.com/releases/lite/1.2/firebug-lite-compressed.js>(click
this to downlaod)
2. Plese add the following line in the head section of the page you need to
correct.

 <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
        src="/path/to/firebug/firebug-lite.js"></script>

Thank You

--
Regards
Rajesh Kumrar. R. K.