Hi,

My thoughts below:

--- On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM, bala
chandar<balachandarli...@gmail.com> wrote:
| i need to
| understand the project source code.Is there any tool to analyze the
| source code.Else how do i start to study the source code.
\--

The best way to learn how source code of a project works, is to tinker
with the source code.

* The first thing you should do is just build the source, run it and
see how to use the software. This is important to know how to test it.

* Choose a module or file that you want to go through, and then use
some prints, or try adding small code, or change variables, and see
how it affects the application when it is run.

* Source code browsing helps in analyzing the above test results, and
to understand control flow of the application.

* Try to use buffer-based editors like vim/Emacs, and avoid using IDEs
that heavily use the mouse. You should focus more on the code, rather
than intuitive GUIs that distract your attention with the mouse.

* I use GNU Emacs + etags + Emacs code browser (optional):
http://ecb.sourceforge.net/

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan