Hello,

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009, Kannan wrote:
> Like in Fedora, i want to copy all the dvd packages to my directory & want
> to use that repository using apt-get tool.

I use 'approx' (with Debian but it also works with Ubuntu). This
creates an entry in '/etc/inetd.conf' for a server running at 9999.

You can now use the following lines (you must replace testing with the name of
your distro --- like jaunty or karmic) in /etc/apt/sources.list:

 deb http://localhost:9999/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
 deb http://localhost:9999/security testing/updates main contrib non-free

Finally, you can take all the debs that you have already downloaded
at import them with 'approx-import /path/to/downloaded/debs/*deb'

After this, you will not only get the debs you already have locally
but any updates will also be added to /var/cache/approx in a
directory structure like the one on the mirrors.

Kapil.