On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Ravi Jaya <ravi.goglob...@gmail.com>wrote:

> It was last evening I was in Tata Croma Anna nagar. When I check with the
> sales person who stands in the Laptop section for the Linux based
> notebooks.
> I am pretty surprised to learn from him that the Corma had a  policy to buy
> only windows based notebooks.

WHen I bought it, I too noticed some hesitancy in the salesman when I asked
for non-windows models. But after I assured him that I will do the
installation myself he was back to normal :-) So, I think its the service
personnel's lack of skill in linux that makes them push windows - so the
customer will not come back to them when there is a problem.

regds,
mano