>I have a processor with ARM11 architecture, I have to port linux  kernel so
>that I can build entire mobile os on top of it.It is absolutly waste of
>memory and speed to me if I port entire operating system with
applications.

This is pretty dated, but it may give you a starting point as to what to
do next. This is about cross compiling for ARM 11.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/misc/66149-gnu-crosscompiler-tools-arm11.html

By the way, Linux has already been ported over to ARM 11. Android 1.5 runs
on this quite well.
http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Shenzen-State-Micro-Technology/

As stated by another poster earlier, it would be a good idea to install
busybox on the hardware first. It will simplify the software setup of the
device considerably.

Debugging for the ARM platform:
http://www.dspdesignline.com/howto/218101448

By the way, Slackware does have an ARM port - but please note that I have
never tried it. Neither have I tried Debian's port.

Regards,
Prem