Hello,

Making an assertion of intent like this:

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, Girish Venkatachalam wrote:
> Obviously I don't want to get into an argument.

... is incompatible with *strong* assertions like this:

> All scripting languages...by that I mean *all* scripting languages
> allow dynamic typing and weak typing.
>
> This is a key point that everyone has to understand.

What do you mean by a scripting language? Is C a scripting language?
You may be aware of CSL <http://csl.sf.net/>?

The key point to understand is that _everyone_ has their own language
biases^Wpreferences.

Since your intent is to educate us about Lua (or other languages) it
is probably most practical to:

 a. Give some examples of how useful programs are written in Lua (you
 have already done this ... so thanks!).

 b. Provided "counter"-examples of how such programs are written in
 other languages which illustrate differences from the Lua way of
 encoding the algorithm.

Let us worry about terminology and epithets afterwards.

Kapil.