Hi Shrinivasan,

On 10/29/2009 02:54 PM, Shrinivasan T wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I am working for different kinds of event monitoring.

There are two things.
1. event monitoring
2. announcing

Yep, that's sounds pretty much like what you asked for initially.

The events may as change in a webpage, a new mail, a twitter update, a RSS feed.

These should be monitored for any change.
If found any change, it should be announced to some group of people.

Announcement may be done with IRC bot, sms, a sound, any notification etc.

Done with the event monitoring part.

now working on the announcement.

Is there any IRC bot available who can check for new mail and announce
it channel?

I think you are asking for a ready-made solution for customized problem.

There isn't a high likelyhood of finding exactly what you are looking for. I think an easier approach would be to program a bot that executes a new mail check when specifically commanded to.

If you insist on a event monitoring bot tho', try creating on yourself, it isn't too hard to do. Look at the first result for the google query:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=email+checking+irc+bot

...that should give you an idea how to do it.

HTH,
cheers,
- steve
--