On Tuesday 03 Nov 2009 10:22:45 am Hrishikesh Murali wrote:
> > I see the file in /boot - so how do I run it? or see the output?
>
> In a terminal, type 'blkid' and write down the uuid for your / partition.
>
> In your /boot/grub/menu.lst, add these lines and choose this option while
> booting:

thanks - actually the entries were already there - only the delay for grub was
1 second. I changed it to a bigger figure and was able to run the memtest - did
not give any errors. Now that I recall I have done this several times in the
past. Am I supposed to run the memtest for 12 hours or is one pass enough?
--
regards
kg